Welcome to Independence Ranch!
Confirm who is picking up your hogs before calling
Ranch Boss: 832-419-6151
2 PM arrival and check in
3-4 PM orientation in Lodge (confirm exact time at check in)
5:00 PM dinner
6:00 PM go to you’re blind. NO WALKING AROUND. Blinds baited nights only. Shoot only in designated shooting lane
8:45 PM exit blind ~ no later than Must call or text manager on duty to notify of your departure
6:00 AM Meet guide in the Lodge to start hunt. Required on time attendance to make each hunt session.
8:45 AM Exit you Hunt
9:00 AM breakfast
11:00 AM Meet guide in the Lodge to start hunt.
12:30 PM Exit you Hunt
1:00 PM lunch
3:00 PM Meet in the lodge to start next hunt
4:30 Exit your Hunt
5:00 PM Dinner
6:00 PM Depart to your assigned blind. No walking around.
8:45 PM return to lodge no later than. Must call or text manager on duty to notify of your departure
6:00 AM This is your last hunt. Meet guide in the Lodge to start hunt.
8:45 AM Exit your Hunt
9:00 AM breakfast
Please check out with office before loading your meat.
If you wish to leave a tip, please do so at checkout in the office, as
staff does not accept tips directly. Staff shares all tips.
Exit ranch by 1 pm
Gate code: ask on duty staff. Always keep gate closed and locked.
Honey Hole ($100 per hunter) for day two (4 sessions) instead of the 8-12 mile walk.
You can add this for day 2 at any time:
Directions to the hunting blinds:
(Blinds are baited nightly)
IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU ONLY SHOOT IN THE DIRECTION AS INSTRUCTED IN THE VIDEO. YOU WILL SEE HOGS IN POSSIBLY ANY DIRECTION, BUT CANNOT SHOOT EXCEPT AS ALLOWED. BLINDS ARE SET UP WITH SPECIFIC SHOOTING LANES SO AS TO BE SAFE FOR THE OTHER BLINDS. NO WALKING AROUND. MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS; SAFETY FIRST.
Hole in the wall:
Ghost stories: 1
Raw Show Footage:
hunter almost dies at windmill blind:
REVIEW HONEY HOLE SHOOTING LANES BEFORE SHOOTING!
Back Fence @ Bobcat Alley
- Call Staff immediately upon harvesting an animal. Do not wait
- Shooting hogs and not reporting it, is poaching and a crime, All wounded and lost hogs must be reported to staff
- You are responsible for all cleaning fees on all hogs you shoot whether you take the meat or not. Meat left is donated. We do not waste the food resource.
- Do not leave trash in the blinds or throw trash on the ground
- Absolutely no driving around other than to and from your blind.
- No one is to be away from camp after 11 PM unless you are leaving the ranch
- When you have been assigned a blind, no walking around other than to retrieve your game.
- If your downed game is not in the immediate area of your blind, call Ranch staff for help
- If the animal you shot runs away, immediately call Ranch staff for help
- Identify the head of the animal before you shoot it. It may not be what you think. (hunters payed for 16 exotics last year that we misidentified as hogs.)
- Only three bullets in any gun at a time. No rapid fire
- It is your responsibility to be sure all of your meat is in your cooler before you leave. Take inventory! We do not ship.
- No alcohol allowed until after 10 PM or when you have chosen to stop hunting for the day. Alcohol in moderation only. No drunkenness tolerated
- Exotic animals are available. Talk to Paul or Matt and arrange for a guide. All exotic hunts are fully guided
- While in camp, all guns and archery equipment are to be kept in your vehicle. Do not bring any weapon into the rooms or buildings
- Do not load or unload any weapon while in the vicinity of camp. This is to be done once you are out in the field
- Hunter orange hat & vest is required at all times when hunting except at ni9